Monday, May 25, 2009

It's a Wonderful Wonderful Life.....

Heavens, where do you start.

A couple of weeks ago a company approached me with a query about employment, I chased them, not interested am quite happy at my job. Part of my tactic for chasing was pay me XXXXX and I'll think about it. They came back, quite happy to pay me XXXXX and asked me to speak to them.

I went down one night, spoke to them, spoke to them spoke to them for ages and ages, and then put it to the back of my mind.

Then last weekend they offered, and not only did they offer XXXXX they offered that plus some. What do I do? There was no way that in my present post I could accept any increase that they offered, it was way in excess of anything that I would be likely to get for a benefit rise. However having made my decision with the resolve that I would not change my decision. The company offered same. Argh

I went home and slept on it, made my decision again, and went back in and handed my formal notice in.

I'm calm now, and looking forward to the next month - preparing for the handover and the new surroundings. I'm travelling in the opposite direction, I can get the train. It's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment