Friday, June 12, 2009

I once was lost but now am found.....

I'm leaving this job in 2 weeks, and I really wish it was sooner. I gave 6 weeks notice, so that I could clear up tidily, but I think regardless of how hard you work, you aren't going to be able to pull everything together the way you want to.

Once I had made the decision it was made, I didn't make it lightly, I considered it long and hard, and one it was made, I wasn't going back. I'll be sad to leave, this is the first job for ever, that I have not gone to bed on a Sunday night, wishing it was Friday night again.

I looked forward to coming in, and holidays were not to be feared as a period when something would go wrong and people would be in touch with you, and you dreaded coming back in to the horror that was your desk left alone for 2 weeks. It's been fun, but the time has come to move on.

As always, I'll probably walk away and not look back. Am very very bad for that, but maybe I'll come back and buy a boat!

3 comments:

  1. see I'm in a job where I worry about going on holiday or off sick (like this week). I've spent most of my time on line dealing with the day to days! What if I was really ill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:23 pm

    Hi Ian Forsyth here - you and Pat used to - remember ??

    iforsyth@slingshot.co.nz
    Keep well !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:28 pm

    You and pat used to visit us in Redcar Yorks - remember - Ian F

    ReplyDelete