Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday Stealing, Firsts......

Sunday Stealing, Done on a Monday! (Sorry)

1. Who was your FIRST date?
My first date, hmmm, there were snogs. There was much hand-holding. If we are actually going to talk, "will you go out with me, meet me here..." Then I think it was John B. I knew it wasn't going well when he said "The nights are fair drawing in". Hmm

2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love?
Am married to my first love! ha! All that went before were grande pretenses, if you are talking about talking to first serious boyfriend. No. He left the country. As did the next one, what the hell was I doing wrong?

3. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink?

Advocat. I was allowed advocat at a very early age (8 or 9) at New Year to "hear in the Bells". Hmm. First REALLY REALLY Alcoholic Drink. Closing night of the Lang Spoon Restaurant in Troon. I drunk a glass of everything on the bar. Starting with Pernod, and finishing with a bucket in the bathroom, and my bed for 2 days!

4. What was your FIRST job?
Dish washer in the above restaurant. I was only 13 when it changed hands....

5. What was your FIRST car?

A little Suzuki. I loved it to pieces, hated the man who sold it to me, because guaranteed, each week, something else fell off it. Nothing small mind, the clutch, the gearbox, the hand brake. It was a DEATHTRAP. GI Motors, You Did Me!

6. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane?
Jersey. When I was 9. We went a lovely holiday to St Hellier. Second flight, being the one home, wasn't so good. Mum took ill and passed out in the toilet. Ever wondered how you get someone out of a toilet on an aeroplane, who has passed out in their own vomit? It's not very nice, and involves your dad swearing a lot at the Stewardess, and an ambulance.

7. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk?

My first best friend was Jackie, and no we don't talk. Recently she fulfilled my childhood dreams and moved in round the corner from me. But our lives drifted apart and we really don't have anything in common any more. We were friends for years, and shared LOADs of great times.

8. Whose wedding did you attend the FIRST time?
My cousin Linda's. It was in a hotel in Prestwick, and I always remember my other cousin saying that she was enjoying it more than her own wedding.

9. Tell us about your FIRST roommate.
My first room mate was Boris, (Janni). We kind of rescued each other from the other available horrors that could have been our room mates, we made a good team until the final month of college and we stopped talking, in saying that, I spoke to her this week.... 22 years on.

10. If you had one wish, what would it be (other than more wishes)?

That my mortgage got paid off by the mortgage fairy.

11. What is something you would learn if you had the chance?

Highland dancing.

12. Did you marry the FIRST person you were in love with?

Oh Yes I did.

13. What were the first lessons you ever took and why?
I took Ballet Lessons because my mum didn't want me to have bowly legs.
I took lessons to learn to drive. I took shorthand lessons, because I was bored.
I took Hostess Cookery Lessons, because my husband to be was a chef and I wanted to impress him. I took Tap Lessons, because I wanted to dance like Fred Astair

14. What is the first thing you do when you get home?
Have a cup of char.

No comments:

Post a Comment