Friday, November 06, 2009

You'll Remember a Place, Someone Touching your Face....

Friday 5
 

1) Which one is more irritating- being too hot or being too cold?

Being Too Hot, I can't bear it. My son is the same. We are off the same stock.  No jackets, shirt sleeves, much better, Windows open to the world, cold drafts everywhere.  Standing with the minimum of clothes on, on a frosty day, at the back door is my idea of heaven.  I can't bear being overwhelmed with heat.  It makes me sleepy.  coldness keeps me sharp, and keeps sore heads at bay.


2) Were you born in the winter or the summer?
I was born in Spring, neither Summer, nor Winter!   Is probably why I prefer cooler weather.  Too hot.. TOOO MUCH



3) What are your favourite foods to eat when you need to warm up and cool down?
When I need to warm up, there is nothing better than a lovely bowl of SOUP  - Home made. Non of this tinned stuff, although there is nothign wrong on occassion with a tin of Heinz.. Heinz anything actually!  Si makes the BEST Lentil and Bacon, and French Onion, or just regular veg.  I can make Coconut and Sweetcorn, but that isn't one you can eat every day for a week, like I can with Si's Soups! Yumser

4) Which one are you more likely to suffer from- hayfever or flu- and does it run in your family?
Hay Fever, which is slightly, no greatly more tolerable than Tonsilitus which I used to get every 7 weeks without fail.  If it wasn't Tonsils, it was the Cold, and one tended to run in to the other. When I got my tonsils out, the colds got better.  Since they started doshing out Flu Jabs, the colds have got better still. I'm still prone to exploding with sneezers everywhere.  Right now -the cleaners in this office use something, so every Tuesday and Thursday I spent a good part of the day sneezing.  Not a problem tho, at least I know my nose works!


5) You are granted a day of perfect weather whenever you like. What day do you place it on and why?
October 3rd.  The Sky is Clear and Bright, the air is Nippy to the touch, and you can breathe air that came down a weather front from Norway.   My dad died on the 3rd October, and although that day was damp and dreich, every October since then has been lovely (In my mind). Its nice when you have a day like that to contemplate what has been, what could have been, and what will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment