Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday Stealing

The Anniversary of the Day I was born, which was in April.

2. Where were you born?

I was born in a nursing home, in a town called Kilwinning.  The nursing home is still actually a nursing home, but for lives at the end, rather than the beginning

3. Where do you live now?

I live 15 miles down the road from the Nursing Home I was born in. However, since being born in the nursing home, I've been in Edinburgh, Dunfermline, Glasgow, Inverkeithing, Symington. 


4. What is your heritage?

Quarter English, Quarter Scottish, Quarter Irish, Quarter Me.

5. Tell us about a weakness.
One of my Ankles is a bit weak. ha ha ha. But seriously, my weakness is Tiramisu, and merangues.  My weakness is sweetness. 

 
6. What's a goal that you'd like to achieve?
I would like to get fit, in all honesty.

7. What is the most overused internet phrase?
LOL, ROFL

8. What was your first thought this morning?
Yurk, I don't feel brilliant.
 
9. When do you usually go to bed?

About eleven oclock.  I'd prefer to be in my bed at 10, but I always end up staying up too late. 
 
10. Do you smoke? If not, did you ever?

No not something I have ever felt inclined towards. 

11. Do you like your current relationship status?
I do. I love my husband with a passion. 
 
12. Do you (or did you) get along with your parents?
Yes.  I think when you reach an age when you can be considered adult, your relationship changes ... there isn't so much reliance on adult appropriate-ness influencing you, and the person who provided that becomes an equal.  In my case, I think my parents became more adult like at the age of 40, and I was able to relate to them on my own level from there on in!  (Do you see what I did there)

 
13. How often do you drink alcohol?
Less and less often these days.  Seriously. Can't do it any more.  Prefer to wake up awake and alert.

 
14. Have you ever tried drugs (that weren't prescribed)?
No, despite being open and willing... no stranger ever came up to me and offered me drugs no matter how much i looked willing.  I have a longing to grow a canabis plant and bake cakes to make people happy. My husband says "no".
 
15. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? If yes, do tell.
Yes, in the summer of 1983? maybe, 82?  Can't really put a date on on, it was a good summer. Long late nights, drinking on the beach after the disco, lightning storms, sometimes not going home at all.  Skinny dipping one night about 1 am, after the Anchorage. There must have been about 30 of us, all stipping down to our undies or less and charging into the very still water, and then suddenly, the stillness was shattered by loud rumbling and the heavens opened. It was amazing.

 
16. If given the choice, how would you like to die?
Quietly, sitting on a hill in GlenCoe. 
 
17. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Teacher.   And I was for a while. 
 
18. Have you ever been dumped?
Yes. Indeedy.  Better to have loved and lost and all that pish.  Dumped for my mate, dumped for being too good for them, and then there is the joy of walking away from the one who thinks he is doing you a favour, and thinks you should accept a slap now and again.

 
19. What's on your pizza?
BBQ sauce Beef, chicken and Fried Onions.

20. Have you ever shoplifted?
Yes, at a cafe in town. We asked the Old lady who owned the shop for individual sweets, over and over again, and ever time she turned her back for something else, we pocketed one or two of the items on the counter.  When we thought we had enough, we waited for the total, thinking she'd look at what was there and go "20pence", however we miscalculated how old and dittery she was and totalled everything she had already put on the desk... no mistakes! Damn.  Crime doesn't pay. It costs!

No comments:

Post a Comment