Sunday, April 11, 2010

So polite, you're busy still saying please

So, Sunday.  

Two weeks now since events kicked in motion probably the most emotionally exhausting week of my life.   Two weeks, which feel like a life time, but at the same time, strangely feel like the shortest time that has had the most happen in it. 

I'm wondering, now if, as my Cous Linda said, maybe my keeling over on Thursday was actually down to the emotion of it all.  I was rubbish.  from 9.30 pm on Wednesday night. My throat started hurting. Two cups of hot water with honey.  No joy.  Thursday woke up - Aching all over, throat like broken glass.  Couldn't swallow.   How many Beechams Flu Capsules can you take in one day?  Many many many, added to that, Coproxamol and Night Nurse.  Oh yes. I was well doped up. 

The Cremation was as nice as a cremation can be.  A coming together of family who should really come together more often, but as days are now, and lives are - we are all too far apart and too busy.  The minister was lovely and had written a lovely piece, and even managed to make me smile.  

South Beach Hotel laid on a lovely high tea. Sandwiches, Scones, Cake and Sausage Rolls.  We had time to catch up with family and old friends, and raise a cup to the Nunk. 

Today the sun is shining and life moves on.  It's harsh, but it's real.  I just did a search with the shiney new Windows 7, on Nunk, and was confronted with a whole lot of images I had forgotten I had.  So, maybe physically he is gone, but in our hearts, and in the bloody computer... he lives forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment