Questions for a New Year’s Eve Reflection Meme
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year? Single, best, thing?
Hmmm. My daughter got a flat, and came in to her own completely. I worry not a jot about her now. She has proved her worth as a responsible adult with a penchant for drinking to excess only once or twice a month.
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
Everything is a challenge isn't it? If life wasn't a challenge, would we bother getting up?
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
Unexpected joy? Mmmm, let me think... My husband buying me daffodils in December, completely unprompted?
4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
Obstacle. My love of my bed. I find it very, very difficult to leave my bed.
5. Pick three words to describe 2013.
Extremely, bloody, fast.
6. What were the best books you read this year?
Sadly, Percy Jackson books. I just lost myself in them completely. I'd like to say the combined works of Tolstoy, Shakespeare and Dickens, but I can't I failed miserably. At my age, my reading should be far more selective, but I needed the escape. And I could fudge it by saying "Greek Mythology".
7. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
My children and my husband, and a renewed friendship with a psychotic lunatic.
8. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
Personal challenge? Isn't that the same as obstacle? My bed. I don't like getting out of bed.
9. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally? I grew to accept myself. In all aspects.
10. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually? Ditto above. I think when you accept, you grow.
11. In what way(s) did you grow physically? Round the waist, round the boobs, round the arse. Pretty much all over.
12. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
I mended bridges with a good friend. That meant a lot.
13. What was the most enjoyable part of your work? Reconciling the accounts to within a £200 margin.... when the "estimated margin allowable was 25K".
14. What was the most challenging part of your work? All of it. Is it worth it if it isn't?
15. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
This bloody PC. And Social Networking.
16. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
Crocheting, knitting and drawing. I
17. What was biggest thing you learned this past year?
I can draw. Yes, I can draw. What ever I want.
18. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2013 for you.Fulfilling.